Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Inner Seamstress


So our ward progressive dinner was this weekend and we were hosting part of the group. Matt reminded me that the first couches we ever bought, which have seen better days, are the ones we keep in our living room. Well - we had to have seating, but it was time to take off the beat up, ripped throw pillow covers and make some new ones. Of course, I didn't consider this until the day before, so I had to do something quick. Luckily Joann was having a sale on home decor fabric. I covered the big pillows with some cute floral fabric and then had a great find at a Target clearance end-cap - these cute cream colored pillows with embroidered leaves. Believe it or not, they give the old beat up couch a brand new look!
Oh - I also found this quilt pattern on line and wanted to try it (not for the progressive dinner). It was fun because I had a lot of scraps I could use for it. It is machine quilted which I thought would take less time, but I was wrong. BTW - the pillows were done over the weekend, but the quilt was made over several weeks - definitely not a weekend project!

5 comments:

Shonda said...

Chrissy, that quilt is beautiful!! I have no sewing skill at all.

Michelle S. said...

The quilt is gorgeous! You have great taste, and talent too!

Suzanne said...

I love all of them! I need to make pillows for my couches too. I'm inspired now- thank you:) The quilt is gorgeous too. Such talent!

Ron and Ginny said...

Chrissy you didn't show me your quilt. It is beautiful. I can't imagine when you had time to do it. When we were talking, I think.

Gma King said...

Chrissy,
I'm so impressed with your talent. How do you have time??? Everything you do is so cute.