Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter & Dad's Birthday


On Easter, we also celebrated Dad's birthday. After Dad opened his presents, he and Mom whispered something and then before you know it, he ran upstairs and got out the old slides and we had a major slide war. Those who have not been involved in the past didn't know what to think of it. I had forgotten how much they hurt when they hit!! I think I would like to go back to the days of the rolled up sock fights. The funny part is that Dad & Mom will be finding slides in their house for months to come. It's the birthday present that keeps on giving!

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Explanation please! What are slides??? And Ron looks GREAT! Tell your parents hi!

Chrissy said...

Slides - like you when you take a picture and instead of a photo, you have them developed into slides. They have a ton that my Grandparents gave them that are mostly scenery and things they either don't want or that he has already scanned to CD.

Mike S. said...

Best birthday celebration ever! The slide fight is much more fun with 30 people than with three. I fully expected to find some inside my clothes when I got home.

Maggie said...

Wow, the things you learn about your family that you never knew! That sounds totally fun...and a little painful. I've never thought of throwing slides. You guys are so fun! :-)