Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm a Ham....


HAM Radio Technician, Class 2, that is. During April I took a HAM Radio class. It was pretty interesting and a great skill to know in case of emergency. I knew the info pretty well, but for some reason I studied harder because I reaaaallllly wanted to get 100%. Well the test is not really very hard and I did get a 100%. I will have my call sign as soon as the paperwork makes it through the FCC and then all I need to do is buy a radio. Yippee! By the way, not even my teacher knew what HAM stands for.

2 comments:

Mike S. said...

Congrats! I've been wanting to do that as well. How did you find the time to do that?

Chrissy said...

They had a class for 2 hours at night on Wednesdays during April. The last class was the test. I thought it was doable, but there were probably other things I should have been doing. The night of the test I found out someone was in need of some help and I cried all the way down to the Newport building feeling bad about delegating it to a sick counselor.