Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 70 (3/11/11) - Tragedy



Obviously, these are not my photographs, but since this is serving as a journal of sorts, I had to include this horrible tragedy. On Friday afternoon in Japan, there was an 8.9 magnitude earthquake under the ocean. So not only did they suffer earthquake devastation, but also a tsunami caused by the earthquake. This country has basically been demolished. Tens of thousands of people have lost their lives and counting. The first picture is a before and after satellite picture of Japan. My heart goes out to these people as they suffer through this time of crisis.

It also makes me think long and hard about getting in gear with my emergency supplies. The second picture is a line of people waiting to get water. They have none. Right now they probably have nothing, but water being a neccessity, they are waiting at this school for hours. Do we all have our water supplies? At the very least that is something we can do NOW!

No comments: