Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 10, 2012, Day 10 - Surgery


Yesterday I finally had my surgery. I had a ganglion cyst on my wrist, which I thought was causing the numbness in my hand and fingers. Turns out after many tests that it was the cyst working with carpal tunnel syndrome causing the problems. So not only did I have the cyst removed, I also had carpal tunnel release. This lovely splint will be a part of my life for the next two weeks. Matt took off work yesterday afternoon to take me to have the surgery and to my surprise, took Tuesday off as well to take care of me!

1 comment:

Melissa Nielsen said...

We really are hand twins... I have a gangleon (sp?) cyst on my right wrist as well. It hadn't shown up since 2002, then out of no where last month showed its ugly face and hurt me again. I think it was because I slammed it into the ground, it was just trying to get back at me for falling on the ice, like I wasn't already hurt. So there is my novel for you.