Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lizards & Crickets & Poodle Spiders, Oh My!!


You may or may not know that my sisters and I have a joke about poodles. I don't think a Christmas goes by that we don't give and receive poodle gifts. Well, Matt has decided that daddy long-leg spiders are the "poodle" of spiders. He believes they don't serve any purpose other than to annoy. So our family now calls them poodle spiders.

Poodle spiders I can deal with, but the occasional cricket in the house really freaks me out. Especially when Jared kills them and tells us what consistency they are (squishy or crunchy). Please don't pass that on to PETA.

However, I have now decided I can deal with either one after what happened yesterday. Maelen found a LIZARD in our house!! Matt mentioned that it was just a baby one. Somehow that does not ease the icky feeling I have about it. Luckily Matt was home to sweep it into the dust pan and send it on it's way outside. Hopefully we don't see it next in the pool!!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Chrissy, your blog is so cute. It is so fun to see your family. Maybe if all of our cousins create blogs we can all keep in touch better. It was great that you helped your parents make one too! It is so fun to talk to your mom...she is awesome!

Suzanne said...

You are tough! I would die if I found a lizard in my house. We did have some huge spiders in our basement last fall and that just about did me in. By the way, I love the new look of your blog. Great colors & pictures!!

Melissa Nielsen said...

Hey, what site did you find all of your cute paper on? I have been looking for stuff like that.