Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 95 (4/5/11) - Best Parents Ever




If there is anything to know about gardening, my parents know it. I think they were born with green thumbs. My mother also knows just about every flower and plant on earth. Just ask her...she knows. So I asked her to go with me to Home Depot to pick out some plants for the front flower bed which gets full afternoon sun. So far I have had no luck, but I think I was picking wrong. My dad came along with us too, so it was a fun family event. It was a great day to go because they really had a good selection. I found some columbine, sweet broom, some ornamental grass, a mini shrub and some other fun things. When we were done, I took them home so they could go order their new computer. I went and ran a few more errands and then headed home. I was just making the evening's dinner and putting it in the refrigerator when I heard a knock on the door. My parents were standing at the door telling me they were there to help plant all my new plants! Here they had both been sick and had so many other things going on, but they came to help me plant! They weeded, aerated and planted that huge planter box in no time at all. I was grateful to have them help because if I had been doing it alone, it would have taken me a good part of the day. I am so lucky to have such great parents and so happy to have some pretty plants!

No comments: