Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 42 (2/11/11) - Not a Great Day : (



Today started out good. Matt had the day off and we went to Home Depot to buy paint for our paint fest we have planned (living room, dining room, front entry way, which leads into the hallway upstairs). We did some prep work and then Maelen helped Matt paint while I went to lunch with some girls in the ward. When I came home, Maelen needed to get to a babysitting job. I kept thinking I should take her, but I told her to just take my car. Why don't I listen to promptings? While I was sitting and waiting for Jared to get out of school, Matt called and said Maelen had been in an accident. It was bad enough that the airbag deployed and possibly broke her thumb. She had hit the accelerator instead of the brake and ran right into a brick wall. The people she was babysitting for had to get to the temple for a family members sealing, so she was stuck there feeling miserable. We ran over to get the car taken care of (towed to repair shop since it was undriveable) and I went in to make sure she was ok. Her thumb looked horrible so I called to get her in to the doctor if at all possible on a late Friday afternoon. The receptionist was so sweet and squeezed her into the schedule so she wouldn't have to be in pain all weekend. My wonderful parents saved the day too. My mom stayed with the kids while my dad took us to the appointment. It turned out to be a sprain along with some scrapes and burns from the airbag. She also had a seat belt burn on her chest. But I feel she was really lucky to get by with just that. The car wasn't as lucky. $6,000 of damage and 3 weeks later, it will be back to normal and back in our garage.

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Awww, poor thing! Larkin is so excited to learn to drive, but I know I am going to be a basket case.